2 days ago
Asus router is one of the popular and reliable routers available in the market. They provide high speed Wi-Fi connection with user friendly features. But sometimes you face different kinds if error and issues with the router which results in no internet connectivity to your devices. If the router is having any trouble connecting to the internet and you find Asus router keeps dropping WiFi connection. The first step is to check for any lose wires. Make sure that the router is plugged to the electric socket. Another reason can be outdated wireless adapter. Login to your router, navigate to settings and update the firmware of Asus router. Under the settings you will also see the option of switching the router to maximum performance. Enable that option. Reboot the router and if it still faces the same issue. Reset the router and configure it again. Now, let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways to fix the problem.
Steps to fix Asus router errors:
- Make sure that the router is placed properly on a smooth surface. All the wires and plugs of the router should be connected properly.
- Navigate to settings and check for firmware update. Update the router’s firmware.
- The router maybe overheated, turn off the router and disconnect all the wires and plugs attached to it. Give it a reset for a minute and then plug it back.
- Contact your internet service provider and see if there is a server error.
- Check for any physical damage and see if the router is faulty.
- Perform the power cycle and unplug the devices, wait for a few seconds to plug them back and restore the connectivity.
Follow the steps mentioned above and it should fix the problem but if you still face Asus router not connecting to internet. You can reset the router back to factory default settings. Resetting the device brings it back to original configuration and removes any error. You can perform the reset using the reset button on the router. It is usually located at the back of the router. Press and hold the reset button and wait till you see the lights on the router are stable. Then, release the button to bring it back to default configuration.
Thereafter, you can reset the settings through Asus default login. In order to login to your router, connect one of the devices to the router using an Ethernet cable. Open a web browser and type the default IP address of the router, 192.168.0.1 in the search bar. Click enter and then login using Asus router default password. The default password of Asus router is admin or the word password. You can enter the same in the given box and click enter to login. Then, configure the settings of the router and click save to apply.
Views today: 0 Views total: 3